Advanced Mac Cleaner Review: How Advanced Is the Cleaning?
What Is Advanced Mac Cleaner?
Advanced Mac Cleaner is an optimization software designed specifically to keep your Mac OS X as error-free as possible. The app helps get rid of suspicious or non-functioning software, organize and manage apps, clear your online search history to help maintain privacy, and even remove duplicate files. Using three fundamental tools, Advanced Mac Cleaner aims to easily clean your Mac, speed up your machine, and enhance your experience.
Advanced Mac Cleaner Features
Advanced Mac Cleaner has a variety of robust features and tools that allow it to do its job. Those include managing apps, deleting online search history, and selecting which apps startup when you turn on your Mac. The app also helps you by recovering hard drive space, deleting unnecessary data, and tracking where data is stored. Finally, you’ll appreciate its ability to help you locate and delete accidentally and inadvertently duplicated files.
Advanced Mac Cleaner Pros
After first using Advanced Mac Cleaner, Mac users swiftly get a hang of key features. Its pros also include:
- • Easy integration
- • Individual app scans and cleanups
- • Full system scans and cleanups
Advanced Mac Cleaner Cons
While its paid version is hearty and provides a full range of services, Advanced Mac Cleaner’s free version only scans your system. The following cons have also been reported:
- • The app offers no customer support or help option at all, and while it is relatively easy to use, it’s not clear where to address questions if any arise.
- • Advanced Mac Cleaner’s popup windows give out malware feel and are generally an irritating practice.
- • The app overwhelms you at launch by automatically scanning your system, displaying multiple cautions, following up with audible warnings without giving you a chance to make sense of what’s going on.
- • Most of the functions of Advance Mac Cleaner are already available on your Mac.
How to Use the Advanced Mac Cleaner App
To use Advanced Mac Cleaner to remove unwanted items from you Macbook or desktop computer, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- • Start by launching the app from your desktop screen
- • Click the button labeled Start Scan Now
- • The software will search for threats and errors that it considers cause your Mac to move slowly or function sluggishly
- • Once the unwanted or corrupted files have been identified, click the Clean Now button
- • The files you’ve selected are automatically moved to the Trash bin
To use the app to get rid of duplicate files, follow these steps:
- • From the popup window, follow this path: Duplicate Files>Utilities
- • Click the button labeled Start Scan Now
- • The app will scan your system for duplicate files
- • Once the scan for duplicate files is complete, make sure the files you want to delete are checkmarked
- • You can also click the check next to the Title button to delete all identified duplicates
- • Click the Clean Now button located near the bottom righthand corner of the app’s screen
- • At this point, you will be prompted to enter your Mac username and password
- • Once you’ve done so, click on the OK button
- • The app will automatically delete duplicate files
To use the Advanced Mac Cleaner app to clear your Internet browsing history, follow these steps:
- • Launch the app
- • Follow this path: Utilities>Internet History
- • Click the Start Scan Now button
- • Once the scan is complete, click the checkboxes next to the items you want to remove from your search history
- • Click the Clean Now button
- • At this point, you’ll be prompted to enter your Mac username and password
- • Once you’ve done so, click the OK button
- • The app will now delete your Internet search history
Advanced Mac Cleaner Pricing
Somewhat steep at $39.95 for its initial six months of use, Advanced Mac Cleaner comes with a 60-day, satisfaction promise, and money back guarantee. After your initial six-month subscription, you’ll continue to pay a recurring subscription fee of $19.97 every 6 months from that point until you cancel.
The developers do offer a free version. The free version, though, has limited, scan-only capabilities, and does not remove any of the scanned files from your Mac.
How to Uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner
Advanced Mac Cleaner leaves behind a ton of files, which makes the process of fully removing the app from you system a truly frustrating experience:
- • Quit Advanced Mac Cleaner
- • Go to Finder>Applications and drag Advanced Mac Cleaner app to Trash
- • In Finder, press Shift+Command+G to open “Go to the folder” window
- • Paste the following directories and manually delete associated files:
- o In ~/Library/Preferences remove com.techyutils.cleaner.plist and com.pcv.hlpramc.plist
- o In ~/Library/Application Support remove Advanced Mac Cleaner and amc folders
- o In ~/Library/Caches remove com.techyutils.cleaner folder
- o In ~/Library/ remove Advanced Mac Cleaner folder
- o In ~/Library/Logs remove Advanced Mac Cleaner.log
- • Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, switch to Login Items tab and remove Advanced Mac Cleaner by hitting the minus (-) button
- • Restart your Mac to remove other temporary files
By following these steps, you will be able to remove Advanced Mac Cleaner.
Is Advanced Mac Cleaner Safe?
Many Mac users report that the software is a form of malware that pops up on their Macs when they are sure they haven’t downloaded it. It might seem to be legit software with a six-month-at-a-time subscription fee, but you can find many other apps on the market that do the same thing at no cost. Additionally, it also issues many annoying popup messages disguised as warnings that prompt you to download and use it.
The non-existent customer service and hefty price tag leave a lot to be desired. Advanced Mac Cleaner is not as advanced as its name would have you believe. While it is relatively user friendly, it uses many of the tools and resources that are already installed on your Mac. An overall complicated uninstallation process and lack of any benefits in the trial version make it extremely difficult to recommend.