Mac Cocktail Review: Difficult Yet Rewarding
Often touted as the Swiss army knife of Mac maintenance, the Cocktail for Mac is a very robust, hearty app. Installing and running this app allows to fix and repair malfunctioning Mac features, like system that running slowly, fonts not displaying correctly, etc. Your Mac will function more stably and run more smoothly with the help of Cocktail. That is, if you figure out how to use it. It runs a range of maintenance procedures in a concise operation that typically takes less than five minutes.
Mac Cocktail features a separate version of its software for each major version of OS X, including 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, and 10.6 Snow Leopard. Each individual version lets you clean, repair and optimize your specific Mac using a powerful combination of digital tools that tweak your Mac’s performance quickly and quietly in the background.
Cocktail App for Mac - Features
Clean, repair and optimize your Mac with the biggest selection of features:
- • An amazing blend of maintenance tools and system tweaks
- • A simple, minimalistic interface
- • Thought through structure of features divided in categories
- • The option of automatic Pilot mode for set-it-and-forget-it kind of use
Mac OS X Cocktail Pros
Mac Cocktail comes with the following pros that make it popular and highly rated among Mac users:
- • Huge selection of advanced system tools and tweaks centrally located within a single app
- • Easy to access help and support features
While this list may seem short, Cocktail has everything to take from you a user to a superuser.
Mac Cocktail Cons
Without taking into account the target audience for this application, Cocktail comes with a few significant cons for an average user:
- • Due to focus on manual control, experienced Mac users are likely to have much greater success with this app.
- • Because the app brings a lot of your Mac’s setting to the forefront and allows users to tweak them at will, it can lead to user-related mistakes.
- • Stripped down interface and lack of explanation has a potential of turning down a large number of users.
Mac Cocktail Pricing
The Mac Cocktail is free to try. It automatically starts in trial mode when downloaded, however you can expect the trial to expire after the tenth use. The full price for a single license will cost you $19 and $39 to purchase license for up to five computers.
How to Remove Cocktail from Mac
Like most software and apps installed on Mac systems, you can easily remove Mac Cocktail from your system by simply dragging it to Trash. Yet to fully remove the supporting files you will have to take a few extra steps:
- • Open Finder and simultaneously press Shift+Command+G
- • In the popped up paste the following directories to locate and remove supporting Cocktail files:
- o /Library/Application Support to remove Cocktail folder
- o ~/Library/Caches to delete com.maintain.cocktail.highsierra folder
- o ~/Library/Preferences to get rid of com.maintain.cocktail.highsierra.plist and com.maintain.cocktail.plist
- o ~/Library/Logs to erase Cocktail.log
Removing these files will ensure that the application does not leave any files behind. Don’t forget to Empty Trash and restart your computer afterwards.
This powerful digital toolbox gives you peace of mind and lets you work without worry when you know all you need to do is press one button to launch the automatic Pilot mode. Once triggered, Mac Cocktail lets you kick back and relax while it takes care of the maintenance and utility needs of your Mac. The biggest challenge lies in setting up the tool correctly, alternatively you risk doing more harm than good.
Cocktail has the potential to be the ultimate all-purpose tool, that cleans, optimizes and repairs your Mac quickly, quietly, and consistently. It has a fair price tag for what it offers too. However an average user will not be able to squeeze out the app, which makes it impossible to recommend for those of you just starting out with Mac.